Kh.Badamsuren appointed head of Erdenet Mining Corporation

0
191

On November 24, the board of Erdenet Mining Corporation (EMC) appointed Deputy Minister of Mining Kh.Badamsuren as the new head of EMC.

The seven member board of directors says they came to their decision in consideration of public concerns. The government owns 51 percent of EMC and the remaining 49 percent is owned by Mongolian Copper Corporation.

Kh.Badamsuren was born in 1955 in Khurem soum in Umnugovi Province. Badamsuren graduated from Irkutsk Polytechnic University in 1980 and from the University of Colorado Boulder in 1993. He has a major in mining engineering and has a doctorate in technical sciences.

From 1980 to 1987 Kh.Badamsuren was the General Engineer and Head of Mining Production at the Ministry of Geology and Mining, before serving as General Engineer and Head of Cooperative Production at the Ministry of Energy, Geology, and Mining from 1987 to 1989. From 1989 to 1991 he was Head of the People’s Representative Committee in Kherlen khoroo, Khentii Province. He served as a Vice Director at the Bor-Undur Mountain mining factory, and was General Director of MongolRostsvetmet LLC from 1994 to 2006.

From 2007 to 2008 Kh.Badamsuren was Head of Geology, Mining, and Heavy Industry at the Ministry of Manufacturing and Trade, and served as a Member of Parliament from 2008 to 2012. He has served as an advisor to the head of the Mongolian People’s Party since 2014.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY