During the first meeting of Prime Minister J.Erdenebat’s Cabinet on July 27, the Prime Minister assigned duties to the ministers and asked for researched feedback on a number of pending issues in upcoming regular meetings.
The minister’s have been asked to conduct research and provide reports on the following issues:
- Cabinet’s 2016-2020 operational program needs to be developed in, adhering to the Mongolian People’s Party’s action plan.
- A study is to be conducted on reducing interest for pension loans for seniors and introduced in a Cabinet meeting.
- A study is to be conducted on lowering income taxes for entities with an annual income lower than 1.5 billion MNT to 1 percent and a report on the study should be presented.
- An amendment is to be drafted on extending the term of the adoption of the amended Criminal Code and addressing controversial provisions in the law.
- A study is to be conducted on making the pension threshold for herders five years less.
- An amendment to change export taxes on raw materials from livestock will be developed.
- The Student with Income project will be implemented, allowing students to work part time during their studies.
- Issues around publicly held Erdenes-Tavan Tolgoi shares need to be reviewed in the context of the nation’s economics.
- A study is to be conducted on the selling of 49 percent of Erdenet Mining Corporation’s shares, with feedback reported in an upcoming Cabinet meeting.
- Preparations for winter and the upcoming academic year for schools and kindergartens are to be carried out promptly.