Police agencies are receiving complaints related to election campaign and candidates in accordance with the Election Law.
The police received a total of 1,392 complaints to date since June 10, the first day of election campaign. Among these complaints, 770 were reported from Ulaanbaatar and the remaining 622 complaints from provincial areas.
Complaints from the public can be categorized as follows:
• 452 complaints about illegal election campaigning
• 383 complaints about damage to election campaign boards, posters and other items
• 209 complaints about slander and defamation of a candidate on Facebook, Twitter and other media outlets
• 125 complaints about distribution of gifts, and organizing of feasts and banquets
• 78 complaints about propaganda posters and leaflets
Some 145 complaints are currently being reviewed by the police. At present, the police hasn’t found a criminal case among the complaints, reports the General Police Department.